Man found dead
On Oct. 21, emergency personnel responded to a cardiac arrest call on Purser Rushing Road and later discovered the patient had died in a fire.
A friend found Ritchie Pearson, 41, of 1919 Purser Rushing Road, on Oct. 21 at the residence and called 911.
The call came in at 6:51 p.m. as a cardiac arrest and it was later discovered that there had been a fire at the residence, Deputy Fire Marshal Jon Williams said.
“The fire smothered itself out so it is believed it came in Sunday (Oct. 20),” Williams said.
The fire was already out when first responders arrived and is believed to have been a cooking fire that originated from grease cooking on the stove that spread throughout the kitchen. This led to significant damage and Pearson’s death, Williams said.